The 29th Motor Transport Awards took place before more than 1,600 guests at London's Grosvenor House on Park Lane.
Known as the transport industry ‘Oscars’, the awards celebrate the achievements of the industry and recognise innovation, outstanding service, efficiency and quality. They are judged by an independent panel of experts drawn from the industry.
To win or to be shortlisted, shows that you have reached the very highest standard, as judged by leading experts. Motor Transport congratulates all of this year's winners and finalists.
Date for diary
Motor Transport Awards 2015 will take place on Wednesday 1 July 2015. To ensure you are kept informed and see a sneak preview of the categories once they are confirmed please complete you details here.
Motor Transport Awards video
- We’ve worked long and hard to find sustainable solutions on the refrigeration side and this is a great recognition for what we’ve done.
Victor Calvo, MD Europe, Carrier Transicold (Innovation Award 2014 winner)
- We need to invest in our people. To win this award means the team we put together was the right thing to do, so we are very pleased.
Martin Farrand, Engineering Director, Petit Forestier UK (Apprenticeship of the Year 2014 winner)
- What a night! To win two Motor Transport Awards is a fantastic achievement and the recognition means an awful lot to everyone who works at DPD. We pride ourselves on our technology – we’ve worked hard to be the best over a number of years by using technology to exceed customer expectations. However, an award for great customer care is the most important recognition we can receive and I’m delighted for our whole team.
Dwain McDonald, CEO, DPD (Customer Care and Best Use of Technology winner 2014)
- To win an award is simply incredible and makes our employees so proud of the effort they make day in day out. Well done to everyone involved in making the annual awards such an amazing experience.
Steve Granite, Managing Director, Abbey Logistics Group
- Not only was winning the Team Award for the work that my team has delivered together with our TP West business a real boost to morale, it has also been a great catalyst for moving our project forward within the wider group. The MT Awards are a real milestone for any business to achieve and for us to even be up against companies who specialise in transport as their core business is great recognition for the efforts that everyone in our transport teams have made in collaborating to deliver this project.
Richard Horton, Head of Transport Development, Travis Perkins
- The Repair and Maintenance award is such an incredibly well recognised award within the motor industry. The whole business was very proud to receive recognition for the high levels of service and support we provide to our customers. It was a privilege to attend the awards night and share our success with our customers and fellow peers.
Matthew Lawrenson, Regional Director, Imperial Commercials Derby
- We are absolutely delighted to have won this prestigious award and to be recognised on a national scale. O’Donovan is extremely committed to the development and training of its staff, as well as operating at the highest standards. Winning this award has helped us to showcase our achievements and be recognised for our accomplishments and, for that, we are extremely grateful.
Jacqueline O'Donovan, Managing Director, O’Donovan Waste Disposal
- 2014 has been a very special year for Culina because we have been celebrating our 20th birthday. To win the Temperature Controlled Operator of the Year category at the Motor Transport Awards was a fantastic way to mark this very important milestone and we see it as an indication of how far we have come since 1994. It's a real source of pride for us to have received this endorsement from our industry peers and thanks to this prestigious accolade we have been able to further differentiate our business from our competitors.
Thomas Van Mourik, CEO, Culina
- We are absolutely thrilled to receive the Low Carbon Award, which was the culmination of a lot of hard work and determination from everybody at Brit European. As a Company we had a clear focus of where we wanted to get to and developed a stance for not taking no for an answer. Each time we were told it couldn’t be done we simply kept on going. Winning the Award means so much not only to Brit European but also our customers who supported us throughout the project.
Graham Lackey, Group Managing Director, The Brit European Group
- For the entire CEMEX team winning the prestigious Motor Transport "Safety in Operation Award", at what is recognised as the pinnacle of road transport accolades was a fantastic reward and recognition by the industry for the significant work that CEMEX has conducted to improve road safety for cyclists and other vulnerable road users by adding safety features to its fleet of large good vehicles, training its drivers, helping to educate cyclists about the dangers around lgvs and sharing best practice within the industry.
Dave Hart, Director Supply Chain & Logistics, CEMEX UK
- To win the 2014 Motor Transport Technical Excellence Award was great recognition for the hard work and commitment from the whole Indesit Logistics team in delivering another year on year improvement in its fleet management and operational standards. It was a really proud moment to be awarded best in class and is a great motivator to continue on our journey towards operational perfection.
Paul Pinfold, Logistics Fleet Operations Manager, Indesit Company Logistics